The other day I saw this great handwritten chalk sign: “Summer should get a speeding ticket.” It was outside Lake Home Decor on Coolidge. The owner, Casey, and her two dogs, Lola and Gumbeaux, run this great home furnishings store. And that message has been running through my head ever since. Where did the summer go? We need a summer extender!
I always feel a little sad when summer comes to an end. We try to make the most of summer, but it is never quite long enough. So, before the snow flies, let’s get the most out of the remaining balmy days!
Forget Summer To-Do Lists
This time of year, you will see lots of garden to-do lists. But there’s still plenty of time for that. For now, let’s just rest and relax. Make the most of every warm moment left by spending time with your family and friends outdoors. There is still time to fire up the fire pit and assemble s’mores. Invite the neighbors for one last corn roast, BYOB. Football Saturday! Football Sunday!
OK, If You Must
If you must think about a to-do list, do something quick and easy:
- Choose the bulbs you’d like to see next spring.
- Replace faded annuals with brilliant icicle pansies.
- Over-seed any brown patches in the lawn.
- Keep the landscape plantings well-watered.
- Plan next year’s project. As summer is winding down it is the perfect time to plan the landscaping and outdoor oasis you dream about every spring. It’s time! Plan now and you can have the patio ready for next year’s first barbecue and next year’s football party.
Let Summer Linger
Homeowners have trusted Four Seasons Garden Center and Custom Landscaping for over 35 years to design beautiful landscapes and add functionality to their property. If an outdoor living space has been on your list of must-haves, give us a call today. We are in the summer extension business!